WriterGals.com Web Site Disclaimer
Updated September 14, 2009
This Web site is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. WriterGals.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to this Web site or the information and materials provided on this Web site.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, WriterGals.com does not warrant that:
- this Web site will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this Web site is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this Web site constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
WriterGals.com will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this Web site:
- to the extent that the Web site is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if WriterGals.com has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this Web site disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this Web site disclaimer will exclude or limit WriterGals.com’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by WriterGals.com’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of WriterGals.com; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for WriterGals.com to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this Web site, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this Web site disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this Web site.
You accept that, as a community organization, WriterGals.com has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its members and administrators. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the members and administrators in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the WriterGals.com Web site.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this Web site disclaimer will protect members, administrators, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as WriterGals.com.
If any provision of this Web site disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this Web site disclaimer.
WriterGals.com Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to WriterGals.com. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that WriterGals.com collects, and the ways in which WriterGals.com uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
WriterGals.com may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this Web site (including member profile information you submit);
- information that you provide used for the purpose of registering with the Web site (including member profile information you submit);
- information about transactions carried out over this Web site (including membership status);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the Web site services (including member profile information); and
- any other information that you send to WriterGals.com.
Using personal information
WriterGals.com may use your personal information to:
- administer this Web site;
- personalize the Web site for you;
- enable your access to and use of the Web site services;
- publish information about you on the Web site;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where WriterGals.com discloses your personal information to its Web site administrators for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, WriterGals.com may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
WriterGals.com will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
WriterGals.com will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this Web site will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the Web site will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Other Web sites
This Web site contains links to other Web sites.
WriterGals.com is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WriterGals.com Cookies Policy
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables web servers to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our Web site
WriterGals.com uses the following cookies on this Web site, for the following purposes:
- Displaying specific information to visitors that are not logged into the site
- Displaying specific information to members while logged into the site
- Maintaining session information while logged into the site
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some Web sites.